Friday, January 30, 2009

Vogue Pattern sale thru 1/31/2009

Okay- I just returned from a fabric store 'run'. My purpose: to get some 'shirt' interfacing. My ulterior motive: vogue patterns were on sale, interfacing i thought would be 50% off and red tag fabrics i thought were going to be 50% off. What actually happened? I purchased shirt interfacing, more fabric pieces (I missed the 50% off red tag fabric sale by 12 days), and 10 vogue patterns (because that was the max).
Houston.....we might have a pattern addiction! Is there a support group for this?

And now......The Thought Behind the Purchase.....that sounds like a news segment. I think I will make it my new blog segment....a precursor to the pattern review.

#2988--loved the coat/dress, coat/skirt & coat/pants combination. I have some olive chevron wool crepe that came to mind when I saw this pattern.

#2957--loved the pants-style and the finish on the jacket & sleeve hem. Not too sure about the size of the tie ends. May consider using a flat belt finish similar to a vest? Or, no belt? Or, thinner straps?

#2990--this pattern said...classy, chic and comfy. love the long jacket/skirt combo. Saw dark grey fashion knit fabric that would go well with this pattern. Wait......that could mean another trip back to the store???

#2968--what I like about Anna Sui's patterns is that they are so feminine, soft and flowing. In general, I stray away from these types of tops because of my full mid-section. But, the halter-style with the below-waist handkerchief finish makes me want to give it a try.

#2906--This was my 'just-in-case-we-get-an-Inaugural-invite' gown option #1. I actually saw this gown 2 years ago while searching for a wrap for my niece's graduation ensemble. Still beautiful to me!!
#8311--what's a girl without her accessories? Truth-be-told----they had the orange gloves displayed on the envelope center. Yes, I buy orange!!
#8352--very cute sleeveless summer dress.
#2091--love the v-neck, 3/4 length sleeve option without the banded bottom. Don't know if full legs and thighs would be served well with a cinch below the knees? Definite mod on this one for me.
#1032--This was my 'just-in-case-we-get-an-Inaugural-invite' gown option #2. I think a mermaid-styled gown is very flattering to slight hips and a visible rear. The style of the upper portion provides coverage without seeming matronly. For me, I would look for a bold color (fall-tone orange, chocolate, plum or bronze).
#1090--immediately struck me as a chic, relatively easy dress for those wild-print linen fabric pieces I have waiting to be used. For me, this will be a 1st Michael Kors garment (bought or sewn). Because of the roominess in the waist, this would most likely be a good Mommy-to-be or a That-time-of-the-month item.
Now that I've blogged about my purchase, I am on the hook to produce these items before next year. Here's to my 2009 resolution----sew material in-waiting; start using patterns. Time starts now.......will blog my progress soon.

2 comments:

Janice, Editor-in-Chief said...

ummmm... 1090 is for me, right!?! lol

laura sague said...

love the pattern obsession - i am so enjoying this.