Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Hot Mama!!

So, a lady had a dress made while on business in India. She warned me that I should have taken before pics..........but......well.....I was looking forward to bringing her notion to life.

Alteration #1--The original dress had a 2-piece look: 'blousy' top and straight bottom. I removed the fullness in the top portion of the dress to reveal Ms. Hot Mama's waistline. ;^)

Alteration #2--The straps of the dress crossed in front of her neck and then wrapped around the back (halter-style). Ms. Hot Mama wanted some 'bling' as it were for her special occasion. With some real reservation, I added clear flat-back beads in a pattern designed from a collaborative effort--- I am now a convert to Fabric Glue!!

Alteration #3-- Add a 'wow' piece to finish down the front of the left leg. Copied the existing pattern; enlarged image and voila--------fill in with clear flat-back beading and sew-in blue sequin and WOW!!-----


TaaahhDaaahh!!! One Hot Mama






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not easy taking an idea from your head and expecting the same results from another person brain! However, once Miriam and I got on the same page....WOW!!!!!.
She bought into my idea and the final results actually exceeded my expectations.
The key word; She "LISTENED" and she heard my heart. Thanks Miriam!
From "One Hot Mama"