Saturday, May 31, 2008

Home Decor & Crafts

Still playing a little catch-up........ Here are some pics from home decor and craft projects.


I believe I am STUCK on orange, chocolate (both color and food) and earth tones. We found a chocolate, gold and blue (never a 1st choice for me, but a surprisingly gorgeous color combination) drapery fabric for our roman shades. I couldn't get enough of the accent colors, so I trimmed out the sofa cushion with the drapery stripe, some coordinating fringe against......what.....more chocolate.



The 3rd picture is from our kitchen window. What is amazing to me is that all the fabrics used throughout our home were chosen at different points in time----not the same shopping trip. My Mom says that I am a brown woman, with a brown truck, living in a brown house and married to a brown man. I guess this is the one area in my life where I am consistent!! :^)
(model: our neighbors' son---Go Steelers!) For my boys' birthday parties with an art theme, I made aprons for all of the guests with their names painted on the pockets. This was definitely 1 project where I got to use up the left over jean and gabardine material hogging up space. ;^).
My first Kids' chair was made for my sorority chapter's auction fundraiser. Here's a funny---the person who won this item asked me what it was. :^) I'm thinking the unique pillow must have thrown them off? Ha-Ha!!
My friend decorated her daughters' bedroom with an outdoors, bug theme. So, of course, for Christmas, I made coordinating theme pillow covers for their beds. Yeah....Auntie M got lots of love that Christmas!! :^)

Here's a Pattern Review: New Look #6522
  • Pattern Rating: Easy
  • My Rating: Very Easy
  • Skills Required: Pattern measure, sizing, selection, cutout---stitching straight seams, layers to a center point---hand stitching to finish
  • Instructions: Clear with detailed visual aides
  • Lining Options: Pattern pieces are same for fashion (outer) and lining (inner) fabrics.
  • Oops Moment: None.
  • Do Again? Absolutely! Made 2 more in that extra jean material still left over.
  • Recommend? Absolutely! For those of us with a "large brain", this custom hat is a doable options that looks great finished.

No comments: