Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Testimony-----God is Good!

When you are fulfilling God's purpose for your life, you can be a blessing to others. I thank all of the Angels that were there to help me focus on doing this and to God for preparing me to be a help to others. Just when you think that your special skills or talents (at whatever level) are of no consequence........think again. Who ever you are.....keep on doing what you do best! It all works in His mighty plan.

It was (still is) prom season and I got a call the morning of the prom. The mother was 'hustling' to correct what could have been an awful experience. Through a friend of my brother, she contacted me said that the seamstress that she was working with had a stroke and could not finish. In my mind, I'm thinking hem......maybe take in the sides. When she came to me, there were 'pieces' of a dress......no hem......no zipper......no straps adjusted. And, by the way, there were 2 dresses in need of finishing. Trying to manage expectations while delivering a wearable product in what would be the veritable '11th hour'---I marched on to making it right. Almost 9 hours later......2 dresses were completed, smiles all around and our home became prom central!
I am still reeling from the awesome feeling of being able to help in a time of need. The families were so happy that they sent flowers to say thank you.....and, yes they were ORANGE! Now, you know that is my favorite color. ;^) Totally awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here looking at these pics and my jaw has dropped. You are so talented!!!!!!!

I love that you were able to come to the need of that family and be able to share your skills.

You are truly blessed!

Patrice